Sunday, June 17, 2012

abstract


What we find to be abstract
will be so because we have abstracted it,
and what we have abstracted we can simplify

. . . . . . .

The OED word of the day for the erasure commentary is 'redintegrate.'

No, not a typo. Reintegrate is to restore to a previous position, whereas redintegrate is to restore to a state of wholeness. Had to go back and forth a few times between the two words before I figured out that slight difference.

After that effort, I feel the need to use it. So, let me say that with all the stuff stapled and nailed to this telephone pole, I'm not sure it will ever be redintegrated! :)

2 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Susan,
Brillinat haiku, hahahaha! I loooove your sense of humour! Wow, often I learn new words!!
Cheers,wink,wink, Sadami

alkiart said...

We're all learning together! Thanks, Sadami!